Ms Catherine Ahmed,
Computer science, Engineering, Robotics, and AP Computer teacher at iPrep Academy
Catheline has a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, and a master’s degree in Education with a concentration in Educational Technology.
Prior to her education career, Catheline participate in the NASA’s Life and Spaceflight (SLSTP) Program, where she worked at Dynamac Corporation at Kennedy Space Center as a NASA research assistant where she helped characterize the environment of meteorological towers deployed through Kennedy Space Center (KSC) and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to identify towers obstructed by near-field features for accurate weather reading to aid with the logistics of Space Shuttle takeoffs.
Catheline serves as the computer science teacher, and teaches Coding, Engineering, Robotics, and AP Computer Science to both middle and high school students at iPrep Academy. Catheline has led her students in her advanced placement Computer Science students to lead at the local, state, and global level in average scores in the AP Computer Science exams. She also teaches Leadership Skills course and teaches Strategies for Success course for Florida International University at iPrep Academy.
Catheline also sits in various committees at iPrep Academy, including Data Review Committee, where we help identify school yearly goals, review and interpret data to identify strategies and multidisciplinary approaches to help underperforming students. She also serves on the Educational Excellence School Advisory Council (EESAC) committee, where she helps with the development of the School Improvement Plan and oversee the successful implementation of the School Improvement Plan.
Her career highlights includes the creation of the technology program in place at iPrep Academy, and leading the expansion of the technology program at iPrep by creating partnerships with organizations such as Apple, Amazon, Civil Air Patrol, Discovery Education, Facebook, Microsoft, NASA, and Texas Instrument, and VEX Robotics.
Catheline is a successful grant writer and has written and won numerous school grants. She is at the forefront and committed to provide Computer Science education. She is a certified Computer Science teacher, and an Apple Teacher.
Volunteering has allowed Catheline to utilize her passion for helping and giving she has led by example and helped empowered others. Currently, she serves in the Barry University Alumni Board of Directors, and serves in the Leadership Board at the Computer Science Teacher Association.
BARRY UNIVERSITY | Miami Shores, Fl
Master of Science in Educational Technology, 2005 ▪
Major: Educational Computing and Technology
BENEDICT COLLEGE | Columbia, South Carolina
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Science, 2002 ▪
Geosynchronous Satellite in Computing Technology
AIR FORCE RESERVE OFFICER TRAINING CORPS- DET 775 | Columbia, South Carolina
Aerospace Studies, Leadership, and Physical Training, 1997-2000 ▪
Specialization: Stealth Aerospace Technology and Aerospace Education
Advisory Board Member | Cosmic Leap Foundation | Graham, Texas
▪ Founding Board Member of the Cosmic Leap Foundation (Space Club)
Micro-Credentials Developer | Vorhees University | 2022 - Present | Denmark, South Carolina
Followed current guidelines to develop STEAM-related Micro-credentials
Teacher Mentor | University of Florida | 2022- Present | Gainesville Florida
▪ Provide ongoing, focused, and highly individualized support and feedback to the mentee in the Computer Science graduate certificate program to accelerate new teacher growth
STEM Teacher | ENLACE Program | Florida International University | 2022-Present | Miami, FL
▪ Taught and facilitated biotechnology lessons that enabled middle school students to explore the diverse field of biotechnology
▪ Taught and facilitated engineering lessons
▪ Taught and facilitated science lessons
STEM Curriculum Developer | Future Engineers | NASA | 2021-2022 | Miami, FL
▪ Collaborated virtually with educators on improving and updating STEM-related lesson plans to match subject-specific standards.
▪ Designed hands-on lab activities to match the subject-specific lesson plans.
▪ Developed teacher lab activities with guided instructions, and high-quality lesson plan instructions.
▪ Lead the execution of the lesson plan and delivered the lessons to middle school students
Courtesy Lecturer | Florida International University | 2020 Present | Miami, FL
▪ Taught Strategies for Success to ninth-grade students enrolled in dual enrollment.
▪ Helped improve students' academic and personal development in the areas of learning strategies, study skills, time management, problem-solving, goal setting, and how to use available resources effectively.
Research Assistant| Florida International University | 2020 | Miami, FL
▪ Conducted innovative research in cyber-enabled technologies
▪ Used machine learning algorithms and data mining techniques to design, code, and optimized a cyber security product.
Alumni Board Director | Barry University | 2019 | Present Miami Shores, FL
▪ Committee Chair
- worked closely with the Office of Alumni Relations to support the effort to develop, maintain, and facilitate a comprehensive awards program.
Computer Science and Technology Teacher | iPrep Academy | 2018 | Present Miami, FL
▪ Created and lead the expansion of the Technology Department.
▪ Taught Coding, Introduction to Computer Science, Engineering, and Robotics to middle school students.
▪ Taught Leadership Skills and Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles to high school students.
Board Director | Miami Lakes Optimist Club | 2018 – 2021 | Miami Lakes, FL
▪ Act as Recording Secretary to the Board of Directors.
▪ Organizes and prepares events, meetings, and workshops for the clubs.
▪ Managed promotional events of the club and oversee the distribution of advertising materials.
Aerospace Education Officer | Opa Locka Civil Air Patrol Cadet Squadron 2011 – _2015 Miami, FL
▪ Conducted and promoted effective internal and external aerospace education programs.
▪ Developed aerospace education lesson plans for cadets.
▪ Implemented aerospace education programs for cadets and senior members.
GIS Research Assistant | Dynamic Corporation, NASA | 2001 | Kennedy Space CTR, FL
▪ Performed research for the GIS LAB on the WINDS meteorological towers.
▪ Characterized the environment of meteorological towers deployed throughout Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.